Post-Arrival: Application for Residence Permit

The X1 visa is valid only for 30 days after entry. The students holding X1 visas have to apply for residence permit at least 5 working days prior to the expiration date. The steps of the application are as follows:

1. Register in the International Students Office and pay for tuition and medical insurance.

2. If you have not taken the physical examination (including blood test), you shall take it at Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center (Haidian Branch). If you have a report from a doctor of your own country, you shall verify it at Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center. If the report is not qualified, you should re-take the physical examination at the Center.

3. Get the Visa Application Permit from the International Students Office.

4. Submit the documents to the authorized visa service agency, the Trader-Link agency in Room 0110, Zijing Apartment Building No. 22, and complete the application.

For more information about the application for residence permit, residence permit extension, visa extension, and new passport, etc., please see "Formalities and Procedures" on this website.


© 2014 All Copyrights Reserved
International Students Office, Tsinghua University Beijing 100084, P.R.China