Z Visa

Foreign scholars employed by Tsinghua should follow the procedures to obtain a Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit from the Beijing Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs. It should take approximately 6-8 weeks. After receiving the e-copy of the Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit, the foreign scholar, as well as their accompanying family members, should apply for a Z Visa (for scholars), and a Visa S1 (for family members) at the Chinese consulate or embassy in their home country or designated country, where they have resided for 3 months or more.