Applying for a Residence Permit
An international scholar holding a Z Visa and his/her accompanying family members holding S1 Visas must apply for a Residence Permit (居留许可) from the Division of Entry-Exit Administration, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau within 30 days after arrival. This MUST be done by the international scholar and their accompanying family members themselves. The following documents are required:
1. Medical Authentication issued by Beijing International Travel Health Care Center.
2. Visa and Residence Permit Application Form (obtained from the ISSC).
3. A Work Permit issued by the Beijing Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (obtained from the ISSC).
4. Passport (ORIGINAL).
5. A 2-inch portrait photo (front-facing, not hat, white background).
6. Accommodation Registration Form (ORIGINAL and photocopy).
7. Employment Certificate issued by the host department/school (*).
8. Marriage Certificate for the accompanying spouse, and birth certificate for accompanying child(s).
Address of Division of Entry-Exit Administration, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau:
No.2, An Ding Men Dong Da Jie, Dong Cheng District (东城区安定门东大街2号).
Processing time: 10 work days
Fee: approximately ￥400-800 RMB