1. International students must accord with the regulations set in place by the Ministry of Education and the Exit-entry Administration of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, that require international students to hold either an X1 visa, X2 study visa or a Study-type Residence Permit whilst studying in China. International students holding other types of visas whilst at the university, may be unable to undertake their regular studies and will themselves bear all related consequences.
2. The validity of a visa or residence permit for an international student will not exceed the period of his/her study.
3. If a newly admitted students’ visa or residence permit has expired or will expire in too short a time to process any application of extension, they will not be accepted for admission and will be responsible for all related consequences.
4. For international students holding visas or residence permits issued by other universities or colleges in China, they mustprovide the certificates of study completion or transfer issued by their former university or college.
5. For international students who live in a hotel, or on-campus apartments, they should obtain a Registration Form of Temporary Residence from their building’s reception within 24 hours of arrival in China.
For international students who live with local residents, in foreign institutions in China, or in houses owned by foreign nationals, need to register at the local police station within 24 hours of arrival in China to obtain the Registration Form of Temporary Residence.
In any of the following cases, the Registration Form of Temporary Residence should be updated:
1)There is any change to the individual’s address, passport, visa or residence permit;
2)Re-entry into China from abroad;
3)The Registration Form has expired.
International students who fail to undertake the following procedures in time will be treated as illegal residents.
6.When applying for a visa or residence permit extension, international students must first pay the insurance and tuition fees according to the university’s designated time frame.
7. For international students who have completed their studies and have more
than 30 days remaining on their visa or residence permit, they should go to the International Students & Scholars Center to apply for a shortening of their visa.
8. International students who drop out, take temporary absence or are suspended from the university must go to the International Students & Scholars Center to apply for a shortening of their visa.
9. After completing their studies, international students should leave China before their visa or residence permit expires. Residing in China after a visa or residence permit has expired is illegal.
10.If international students need to leave the university or Chinese borders for personal reasons and fail to complete the visa shortening procedure as required, the International Students & Scholars Center will apply at the Exit-entry Administration of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau for visa cancellation, and the international student themselves must bear all related consequences.
11. The university does not officially invite family members to accompany international students in China.
12. When an international student needs to process affairs related to stay or residence permits, he/she must first go through the International Students & Scholars Center of the university for examination of student status, and then follow the procedures prescribed by the Center. Direct application to the immigration authority by an international student himself/herself is not permitted.
13. Visa policies may change according to the law. The university processes all residence affairs following official notices provided by the Division of Exit & Entry Administration, Beijing Public Security Bureau.