This cross-cultural dialogue group, held over six Fridays, provides international and Chinese students with a confidential, safe, and supportive space to gain support for their cross-cultural experiences. Group members will have the opportunity to discuss the impact of these experiences and connect with others. Members can expect to reach an increased understanding of common reactions to living cross-cultures, as well as their own interpersonal styles of coping and making relational connections. Topics may include homesickness, social ease and intimacy, cultural shock, and issues of identity and belonging.
Tsinghua University international and Chinese students who are interested in cross-cultural conversations;
Students who had or will have international experiences;
- Students conversant in English;
- Students who would like to further explore their identity;
- Students who can make a commitment to attend all of the 6 group sessions.
Attendance during all 6 sessions will promote group cohesion and allow participants to get the maximum benefit from the group.
Dates: Fridays, October 18, October 25, November 1, November 8, November 15, November 22
Time: 6pm to 8pm
* A 20-minute pre-group interview will be held before October 18.
C Building, Tsinghua University
4-5 Chinese students, 4-5 international students, closed group
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Punctual attendance to and committed participation in all the 6 sessions of group;
- Willingness to abide by the group contract, including the terms of confidentiality.
Jiayue Wang (M.S., Counseling, Johns Hopkins University, Maryland State Certified School Counselor, National Certified Counselor) is a part-time mental health counselor and group facilitator of Tsinghua University.
How to Apply
CLICK Read more（阅读原文）or scan the QR code to complete the application form.