In order to carry out the check-out for spring semester graduating interational students in an orderly way, based on current epidemic prevention and control situation and needs of the graduating students, the university, upon deliberation, has decided to complete the check-out work for international students graduating in the Spring semester 2021 by July 4, 2021. Detailed arrangements are as follows.
Situation I: Check-out for graduating students who are on campus
Graduating students who are currently living on campus should take their passport, accommodation fee payment receipt (for self-paying students) and room card (or room key) to the General Service Desk of International Student Apartments, Zijing Building 19, to check out before 14:00 on July 4, 2021.
Situation II: Check-out for graduating students who can not return to campus
Graduating students who can not return to campus can entrust another individual to handle the check-out formalities, including the packing and sending of his/her personal belongings and fee-settlement. The specific process is as follows:
1. After the truster (graduating student) confirms a trustee (entrusted individual), they should submit the signed electronic Letter of Authorization (please refer to Attachment 1) to the Undergraduate/Graduate students affairs team of their school/department for approval and filing. If students cannot find a suitable trustee, they can apply to their school or department to request assistance.
2. The school/department informs the Student Community Management & Service Center of the approved graduating student application and information of their trustee at least one day in advance of their planned check-out date. At the appointed time, the trustee should carry the letter of authorization (please refer to Attachment 1) and his/her original valid identity document and a copy of the truster’s (the graduating student) valid identity document to complete the check-out procedures at International Student Apartments. The Student Community Management & Service Center can provide free cardboard boxes to the trustee if required.
3. After packing, the trustee can voluntarily choose two Shipping companies: DHL (Zijing Building No. 9) or EMS (post office of Building C) in the student community to complete overseas delivery. For more information, please refer to "Luggage Handling Reference Information" below.
4. If the trustee is an off-campus personnel, the graduating student must first apply to the school/department for the entry of personnel (vehicle) from outside the campus, and after approval, they can come to the university to handle the check-out procedures on the appointed date. Off-campus personnel (including friends and relatives) need to satisfy the health conditions stipulated in University's epidemic prevention and control regulations, and present their Health Code and other information. They should promptly depart the campus once they have completed check-out formalities.
5. Graduating students who decide to give up all their personal belongings in his/her room and entrust the apartment to deal with them should fill in Attachment 2 "Declaration of Giving up Belongings" and submit it to this email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Then there is no need to fill in the letter of authorization.
Situation III: Graduating students who have been admitted to Tsinghua University as a Fall semester new student
For international students who will graduate (or complete their studies) in the Spring Semester of 2021 and have been admitted to the University as a new student in Fall semester: if they have confirmed that they will continue to study in the University and need to extend the accommodation during the summer vacation, before June 22, 2021, they should apply for extension of accommodation at the General Service Desk of Zijing Building 19 with proof of university admission. Students who are not able to return to campus should send proof of university admission to email@example.com to apply for extension of accommodation.
Graduating students are required to abide by university regulations on epidemic prevention and control when checking-out of the dormitory. If you have any questions about checking-out, please contact the General Service Desk of International Student Apartments:
电话(Phone)：86-10-51535501或 (or) 86-10-51535500 （北京时间Beijing Time 07:00-22:00）
Student Affairs Department
Graduate Affairs Department
International Students & Scholars Center
Student Community Management & Service Center
June 11, 2021
Luggage Handling Reference Information
1. 托运商(Shipping company)：DHL
办理地点(Place of handling)：紫荆九号楼Zijing Building 9
工作时间(Operating time)：9:00-16:00 （周一至周五）(Monday-Friday)
2. 托运商(Shipping company)：EMS
办理地点(Place of handling)：C楼邮局 (C building, Post Office)
The Student Community Management & Service Center will inform graduating students of related information regarding the centralized handling location of luggage in the international student apartments area once related details are confirmed.
附件1：行李打包、费用结算、退宿办理委托书 Letter of Authorization for packing of belongings, fee settlement and check-out procedures >>
附件2：放弃物品声明 Statement >>